How to setup new client
You need to be pensieve admin to do this. You will have to login as service user (non-host account) and su to root.
- create new Linux user on pensieve
- setup gitolite:
git clone <git://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite>
mkdir bin; export PATH=$PATH:~/bin
- add own public key to gitolite to get access to gilotile-admin repo (note the naming restrictions!!)
gitolite setup -pk miro.pub
- get public key for the client account admin and add it (there can be multiple admins)
- clone the gitolite-admin repo from workstation whose pub key was added
git clone <email@example.com>.[com:gitolite-admin.git](http://comgitolite-admin.git/)
- add the key to the repo
cp ~/mykey.pub keydir
vim conf/gitolite conf
- add the newly added account admit to repos, create new repos if required
All gitolite installs are independent so modification in one hosting user have zero impact on others.
This assumes that you are account administrator - your public key has write (push) priviledge to gitolite-admin repository for your account.
If this is not true, please ask pensieve admin to add you to the account first - you must have access to gitolite-admin repo for your clients account
Clone the gitolite-admin repo:
git clone ACCOUNT@pensieve.thinkwrap.com:gitolite-admin.git
Make sure you use proper account name for the URL.
All administration tasks are performed upon this gitolite-admin repo. By pushing the committed changes upstream, gitolite will “replay” and execute the changes.
There are three types of changes:
- add new users/remove users
- create new repositories
- administer access of users to repositories
How to add new repository
Go to gitolite-admin repository clone and edit the cong/gitolite.conf file
Add new repo name with access rights - example:
$ cat gitolite-admin/conf/gitolite.conf repo gitolite-admin RW+ = miro RW+ = alter repo tmsp-release RW+ = alter R = @all repo tmsp-dev RW+ = @all repo testing RW+ = @all
Each block starting with “repo” defines new repository.
Add new block to file, e.g. foobar
... PREVIOUS REPOS ... repo foobar RW+ = developer1 R = @all
Commit and push.
Gitolite will create new repository (located at
$HOSTING_USER_HOME/repositories/foobar.git), make it available for push ONLY to developer1, allow everybody (all defined developers with public keys) to pull.
The URL of the repo will be
HOSTING_USER_NAME@pensieve.thinkwrap.com:foobar.git Note that there is no repositories (or .git) in the URL. The later is optional.
How to add new user to your project
- Get the public key from the developer to be added
- Make sure the naming convention works: if the name of the user (comment at the end of the file) is dev123@noteboook, store it in file dev123.pub.
- Add it to gitolite-admin/keydir (or subdirectory if there is a name conflict)
- Perform local commit and push
How to administer access rights for a repository
- make sure all users are added to the hosting account (see above)
- edit and push the
Author Miro Adamy
License (c) 2006-2020 Miro Adamy